To inform Australia’s important decisions by partnering and innovating to deliver relevant, trusted and objective data, statistics and insights.
The ABS works within a complex, competitive, and technologically dynamic environment. This comes with increasing demand for quality data, emergent alternative sources of data, opportunities for innovation through new technologies, growing competition for analytical capability, and increased vigilance around cyber security. This is all within an environment of heightened sensitivity around privacy, and a reported decline in the trust of citizens in government and institutions.
1. ABS statistics are trusted and used to inform important decisions
2. Partnerships to enable better decisions
3. New statistics to support Australia’s emerging priorities
• ABS data is valued as a national resource and trusted by key data users
• Quality official statistics are made available in a timely manner to inform important government, business and household decisions
• ABS and key data users collaborate to improve Australia’s national data infrastructure in priority areas
• The ABS works with stakeholders to build data capability and understanding about key emerging issues for Australia
1. Continue to invest in the production of high quality data and statistics
2. Be recognised as a leader in the Australian data landscape
3. Demonstrate leadership in data skills and capability building across Australia
4. Deliver new data solutions and services