1001.0 - Australian Bureau of Statistics - Annual Report, 2017-18
Previous ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 19/10/2018
|Page tools: Print Page RSS Search this Product|
ENTITY RESOURCE STATEMENT 2017-18
2. Includes an amount of $19.928 million in 2017–18 for the departmental capital budget. For accounting purposes, this amount has been designated as ‘contributions by owners’.
3. Appropriation Act (No.2) 2017–18. This may also include prior year equity injections.
EXPENSES FOR OUTCOME 1
1. Departmental appropriation combines ordinary annual services (Appropriation Act No.1) and retained revenue receipts under section 74 of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013.
2. The variation primarily relates to the additional funding the ABS received to deliver the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey.
3. The variation primarily relates to an $18 million approved operating loss included in the Budget, and a lower than anticipated depreciation due to delays in capital projects (Canberra Office Transformation Project and Statistical Business Transformation Program).
Compliance with PGPA Act and PGPA Rule
Sections 17AG and17BE of the PGPA Rule require that Commonwealth entities’ annual reports must include a statement of any significant issues or instances of non-compliance in relation to the finance law. Entities must also notify the responsible Minister under paragraph 19(1)(e) of the PGPA Act during the reporting period and outline the actions taken to remedy the non-compliance. As the Finance Minister has responsibility for the finance law, accountable authorities should also provide a copy of their notifications of significant non-compliance with the finance law to the Finance Minister.
The ABS has not identified any instances of significant or systemic non-compliance in 2017–18.
To view the independent auditors report and related financial statements for the Australian Bureau of Statistics for the 2017-18 financial year please refer to the pdf of the Annual Report 2017-18 (available from the downloads tab) pages 86-111.
These documents will be presented in a new window.