MINOR GROUP 362 HORTICULTURAL TRADES WORKERS
HORTICULTURAL TRADES WORKERS prepare and sell floral arrangements and flowers, establish and maintain gardens, parks and surfaces used for sport, and plant, cultivate and maintain plants and trees.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- arranging supply and storage of flowers and selecting, trimming and arranging flowers and decorations
- preparing plans and drawings, selecting materials and plants, and scheduling landscape construction
- preparing soil, potting media, growing sites and seedbeds before planting seeds, bulbs and new turf
- maintaining parks, gardens, surfaces used for sport, and plants in nurseries
- applying pesticides, fertilisers and other chemicals to control pests, diseases, weeds and nutritional and environmental plant disorders
- examining trees to assess their condition and determine treatment