UNIT GROUP 6392 RETAIL AND WOOL BUYERS
RETAIL AND WOOL BUYERS select and buy goods for resale in retail establishments, and value and buy wool sold by wool growers.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- monitoring sales data and stock levels, and studying trade, manufacturers' and market information to keep informed of changing market conditions
- negotiating purchase, promotion and supply arrangements with suppliers
- designing and implementing pricing, marketing, promotional and display strategies
- liaising with management on long-term planning and sales promotions
- establishing working plans according to seasonal and budgetary requirements
- anticipating consumer trends and determining quantity, style and quality of goods to be purchased
- inspecting, comparing, selecting and valuing wool by determining colour, yield, micron and length
- inspecting and buying wool at auction, in wool brokers' stores and in farm sheds
- receiving samples from scoured wool exchanges
- may visit freezing works to buy slipe wool
639211 Retail Buyer
639212 Wool Buyer
639211 RETAIL BUYER
Selects and buys goods for resale in a retail establishment.
Skill Level: 3
639212 WOOL BUYER
Values and buys wool sold by wool growers.
Skill Level: 3