UNIT GROUP 4313 GAMING WORKERS
GAMING WORKERS provide gaming services within casinos and other gambling establishments.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- ensuring that games operating in the casino pit run smoothly
- monitoring cash drops to cashiers and chip transactions
- observing incidents and settling disputes arising at gaming tables
- dealing games in accordance with casino rules, policies and procedures and ensuring that bets are placed within the rules of the game
- checking that appropriate betting limit signs are in place
- checking playing cards
- verifying cash and colour chip change involving larger amounts with the casino gaming inspector
- advising patrons about the rules and etiquette of games
- counting the amount of cash chips in the float and entering a closer slip with the corresponding amount in the cash total
- calculating and paying winning bets
431311 GAMING WORKER
Provides gaming services within a casino or other gambling establishment.
Skill Level: 4
Casino Gaming Inspector
Gaming Pit Boss