HOW MUCH ARE AUSTRALIA'S CROPS AND LIVESTOCK WORTH?
Find out in the new ABS publication that was released on 31 May 2013, Value of Agricultural Commodities Produced, Australia
(cat. no. 7503.0)
What does it contain?
- final estimates of gross and local values of production of major agricultural commodities for the year ended 30 June 2012
- the value of crop production
- the value of livestock disposals (domestic slaughtering and exports of live animals)
What geographic areas does it cover?
- the value of livestock products (including wool, eggs and whole milk)
- all states, territories and Australia
How was the data collected?
- data at sub-state geographies such as Natural Resource Management (NRM) regions and Statistical Area 4 (SA4) of the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS) will be released later in 2013
- most crop data have been collected as part of the 2011-12 Agricultural Resource Management Survey (ARMS)
Where to go for data:
- remaining commodity data (livestock disposals and livestock products, excluding eggs) came from other ABS collections and other non-ABS sources