MINOR GROUP 333 GLAZIERS, PLASTERERS AND TILERS
GLAZIERS, PLASTERERS AND TILERS cut and install flat glass, apply plaster and secure plasterboard and suspended ceilings, and lay tiles on roofs, walls and floors.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studying drawings and taking measurements to determine materials required
- preparing surfaces and materials by removing old tiles, grout and adhesive, mixing plaster and cement, and marking and cutting glass
- installing glass and mirrors in windows, skylights, display cases, interior walls and ceilings
- measuring, marking and cutting plasterboard, lifting and positioning panels, and securing them to walls, ceilings and battens
- applying coats of plaster to structures using trowels, and levelling and smoothing coats to uniform thickness
- aligning starter rows of roofing material with edges of roofs, securing with wire, staples or nails, and overlapping successive layers of tiles
- spreading adhesive onto prepared surfaces and tiles, and setting tiles in position
- grouting tiles, and ensuring surfaces are waterproof