2033.0.55.001 - Census of Population and Housing: Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA), Australia, 2011 Quality Declaration
ARCHIVED ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 28/03/2013
|Page tools: Print Page Print All|
Steps to create thematic maps using Google Earth®
1. Download and install the free Google Earth® software (minimum system requirements are shown on this page).
2. Download the SEIFA KMZ files from the Downloads tab of this publication onto your computer (note: even though this is a KMZ file, it has a .ZIP extension).
3. Start Google Earth® then choose Open from the File menu.
4. Change the file type to "All files (*.*)".
5. Find the SEIFA KMZ files and click open for the one you want to load.
After a few seconds you should see the following inside the Google Earth® window:
An alternative approach is to start Google Earth®, and then drag the saved SEIFA KMZ files into the Google Earth® window. This loads the data automatically. The image below shows one of the SEIFA KMZ files being dragged from the Desktop into the Google Earth® window (note that the mouse has a small '+' indicating the data will be added to the Google Earth® display).
Note: The ABS recommends turning off the '3D Buildings' option in Google Earth® to improve performance of the mapping software. This will reduce loading times and sharpen the appearance of the thematic mapping overlay.
These documents will be presented in a new window.