NAME OF COLLECTION
Accident/Incident Reporting System, Coal Mines, New South Wales
Coal Services Pty Limited
GPO Box 3842
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Telephone: Sydney 02 9291 5689
Facsimile: Sydney 02 9262 6090
To provide a range of data to the coal industry and organisations with responsibility for safety within the coal industry to facilitate accident analysis.
All workers' compensation insurance cover for the coal industry in New South Wales (covering approximately 10,000 workers) is provided by the Coal Services Pty Limited through its wholly owned subsidiary Coal Mines Insurance (CMI). CMI policy holders submit workers' compensation claims and incident reports for processing at CMI district offices. Copies of the claims and the incident reports are forwarded to the Statistics Group for coding and further data entry.
Main data detail
New South Wales.
- employee's occupation;
- date of birth;
- work experience;
- shift details;
- hours worked prior to the day of the incident;
- pay classification;
- mechanism of injury/disease;
- agency of accident/injury;
- nature of injury/disease;
- bodily location;
- job/task being done;
- equipment involved;
- place of accident; and
- outcome data - duration of absence, cost (payments made) and extent of disability.
Frequency of data availability
Reports can be generated for various periods.
Data are available from 1 July 1986.
Products and services
- Lost-time Injuries and Fatalities in the NSW Coal Industry (annual)
- NSW Coal Industry Injury and Disease Claims (annual)
- Quarterly Lost-time Frequency Rates
- Quarterly Lost-time Incidence Rates
- Special data services are available on request.