NAME OF COLLECTION
Minerals and Energy Statistics
Minerals and Energy Commodity Forecasting
PO Box 1563
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Telephone: Canberra 02 6272 2056
Facsimile: Canberra 02 6272 2328
Web site: <http://www.abareconomics.com>
To provide up-to-date quarterly and annual information on production, exports and prices for major minerals and energy commodities; indexes and graphs of Australian mine production and export prices; and graphical summary of quarterly trends in indicative world prices and value of mineral exports.
Various sources are used to compile the data - production data from state and Northern Territory Mines and Energy Departments and the Australian Stock Exchange; export data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS); price data from the London Metal Exchange (LME); and derived export unit values from the ABS.
Data are on a commodity by commodity basis. Production data are published by state, the Northern Territory and Australia. Export data include value, volume and major destination.
Main data detail
Australia, state and the Northern Territory.
- production - Australia, state and the Northern Territory;
- exports - value, volume and major destination;
- prices - indicative world prices, either LME or export unit value;
- export price indexes;
- volume of production indexes; and
- exploration data by commodity from the ABS.
Frequency of data availability
Quarterly and annual.
Quarters ended 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December. Year ended 30 June.
Data are available from the March quarter 1989.
Products and services
- Australian Mineral Statistics - available in Acrobat (.pdf) format and can be purchased from ABARE Publication Services Department, telephone 1800 244 129 or 61 2 6272 2211, facsimile 1800 244 130 or 61 2 6272 2330, or write to Collector of Public Monies, PO Box 6103, West Footscray, Victoria, 3012
Example of information available
- Special data services are available on request.
|Smelter and refinery|
|Aluminium (ingot metal)|