NAME OF COLLECTION
The New Zealand Tourist Market for NSW
Tourism New South Wales
GPO Box 7050
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Telephone: Sydney (02) 9931 1413
Facsimile: Sydney (02) 9931 1424
The specific objectives of the research were to :
identify and describe socio-demographic holiday experiences sought by specific market segments (NZ) with particular relevance to NSW/Sydney.
In May 1998, Tourism New South Wales commissioned Bennett Research (Aust) Pty Ltd to conduct twelve focus group discussions with New Zealand consumers, who have a disposition towards overseas holiday travel. This open-ended and non-structured technique allowed for the exploration of consumer motivations,perceptions and behaviours.
- Examine issues relating to a market change of high level 'multiple' repeat visitations.
- Fill gaps in information on the needs of the market in relation to Sydney/New South Wales.
- Explore in more detail, key motivators for New Zealand travellers.
- Identify and test ways in which Sydney/New South Wales can be an inspirational destination.
- The holiday planning process
- What New Zealanders are seeking from Sydney/New South Wales for holidays
- Attitudes to different types of New South Wales holidays
- Future New South Wales holiday intentions
New Zealanders from Auckland,Wellington, and Christchurch intending to visit Sydney, NSW.
Frequency of data availability
Products and services available
The New Zealand Tourist Market in New South Wales, June 1999 - Tourism New South Wales (1999),
(ISBN: 0 7313 5328-5)