MINOR GROUP 311 AGRICULTURAL, MEDICAL AND SCIENCE TECHNICIANS
AGRICULTURAL, MEDICAL AND SCIENCE TECHNICIANS perform tests and experiments, and provide support to Professionals engaged in agriculture, medicine and science including inspecting animals, plants and agricultural produce.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- collecting information and samples and conducting field and laboratory experiments, tests and analyses
- presenting results in graphic and written form by preparing maps, charts, sketches, diagrams and reports
- inspecting animals, plants, agricultural produce and facilities to ensure compliance with government and industry standards with respect to quality, health and licensing
- testing samples of produce for quality, size and purity
- undertaking and assisting in medical analytical procedures, and assisting Anaesthetists, surgical teams and Pharmacists
- checking, calibrating and maintaining test equipment