4820.0.55.001 - Diabetes in Australia: A Snapshot, 2007-08
ARCHIVED ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 16/09/2011
|Page tools: Print Page Print All|
1. World Health Organisation (WHO), 2011, Diabetes Fact sheet No. 312.
2. MedicineNet.com, 2011, Hyperglycemia and Diabetes
3. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW), 2011, Diabetes.
4. Diabetes Australia, 2010, Diabetes Globally.
5. International Diabetes Federation (IDF), 2009, IDF Diabetes Atlas (fourth edition).
6. Paolisso, G., Rizzo, M. R., Mazziotti, G., Tagliamonte, M. R., Gambardella, A., Rotondi et al. 1998,
Advancing age and insulin resistance: role of plasma tumor necrosis factor-α, American Journal of Physiology.
7. Iozzo P, Beck-Nielsen H, Laakso M, Smith U, Yki-Järvinen H, Ferrannini E., 1999,
Independent influence of age on basal insulin secretion in nondiabetic humans. European Group for the Study of Insulin Resistance, Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, Volume 84(3): 863-8.
8. Wilkinson, R., and Marmot, M., 2003, Social determinants of health - the solid facts, 2nd edition, World Health Organisation (WHO).
9. Zimmet P, Alberti K. G. M. M. & Shaw J, 2001, 'Global and societal implications of the diabetes epidemic', Nature Vol 414: 782-787.
10. Diabetes Australia, 2010, Type 2 diabetes.
11. Department of Health and Ageing, 2005, National Physical Activity Guidelines for Adults.
12. National Health and Medical Research Council, 2011, Food for health - Dietary Guidelines for Australian Adults.
13. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW), 2008, Diabetes: Australian facts 2008, cat no. CVD 40.
14. Krebs, H. A., Freedland, R. A., Hems, R. and Stubbs, M., 1969, Inhibition of Hepatic Gluconeogenesis by Ethanol, Biochemical Journal 112(1) 117-124.
15. Cryer, P., Davis, S. and Shamoon, H., 2003, Hypoglycemia in Diabetes, Diabetes Care, Volume 26, No. 6.
16. Diabetes Australia, 2008, Alcohol and Diabetes.
17. National Health and Medical Research Council, 2009, Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol.
18. National Preventative Health Taskforce, 2010,
Taking Preventative Action - A Response to Australia: The Healthiest Country by 2020 - The Report of the National Preventative Health Taskforce.
19. Diabetes Australia, 2011. Diabetes Management in General Practice, Guidelines for Type 2 Diabetes, Seventeenth edition 2011/12.
20. Diabetes Australia, 2008, Just been Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes?
21. Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), Disability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings, 2009, cat. no. 4430.0.
22. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW), 2011, Impaired glucose tolerance.
23. Diabetes Australia, 2008, Other Types of Diabetes.
24. Caughey, GE, Vitry AI, Gilbert AL and Roughead EE, 2008, Prevalence of comorbidity of chronic diseases in Australia, BioMed Centre Public 2008, 8:221.
25. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). 2008, Indicators for chronic diseases and their determinants 2008, cat no. PHE 75.
26. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). 2011, Cardiovascular disease: Australian facts 2011, cat no. CVD 53.
27. Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), Causes of Death, Australia, 2009, cat. no. 3303.0.
These documents will be presented in a new window.