DataPacks are suitable for experienced data users who have their own database or analysis systems. DataPacks contain data for the main Census characteristics of people, families and dwellings for geographic areas ranging from a single Statistical Area Level 1 to the whole of Australia. Use DataPacks if you want Community Profile data for numerous geographic areas.
|Sample DataPacks are based on the following Community Profiles: |
1. A new General Community Profile (combined 2011 Basic and Expanded profiles)
2. Time Series (2006 to 2016) Community Profile
3. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Community Profile.
DataPacks will be available from 12 July 2017.
The following DataPack samples display the format of the 2016 data files complete with short header descriptors. They also contain metadata files and help documentation.
DataPack files will include 2016 Census data and Digital boundary files. The July release of DataPacks will include the three Community Sample profiles as listed above plus the Place of Enumeration Profile.
Changes have been made to footnotes across the Community Profile and Datapack products.
Table changes have been made to specific tables including :
- General Community Profiles - G08 [Ancestry(a) by Country of Birth of Parents] and G14 [Religious Affiliation by Sex]
- Time Series Profile - T09 [Ancestry(a) by Country of Birth of Parents] and T12 [Religious Affiliation by Age]
The above changes have also resulted in changes to header and sequential numbering within Datapack files including:
- General Community Profile csvs G08 replaces G08A and G08B sequential numbering for csvs beyond G09 have all changed. Short headers have changed for G13A.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Profile - the metadata file long header column labels have changed for this column.
- Time Series Community Profile csvs T09A, T09B, T09C replaces T09A, T09B, T09C and T09D, sequential numbering for csvs beyond T09 have all changed.