UNIT GROUP 2538 ACTORS, DANCERS AND RELATED PROFESSIONALS
ACTORS, DANCERS AND RELATED PROFESSIONALS portray roles in productions for theatre, film, radio and television productions or compose or perform dances to entertain audiences.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- learning lines and cues and rehearsing parts, and applying vocal and movement skills to the development of characterisation
- preparing for performances through rehearsals under the instruction and guidance of the Director
- acting parts and portraying roles as developed in rehearsals
- practicing dance routines and dancing exercises to maintain required physical condition of body and control of movements
- interpreting physically and emotionally the choreographic content of the production
- performing dances for audience entertainment, coordinating body movements and facial expression, usually with musical accompaniment
- composing ballet compositions and other dance routines
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram