Performs maintenance and lookout tasks aboard ships.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- handles ropes and wires, and operates mooring equipment, when berthing and unberthing
- stands lookout watches at sea and adjusts the ships' course as directed
- assists with cargo operations using on-board equipment and stows or secures cargo
- patrols the ship to ensure safety of the vessel, cargo and passengers
- performs routine maintenance and checks on deck equipment, cargo gear, rigging, life saving and fire fighting appliances
- checks and records fuel, lubricant, spare parts and other operating information
- cleans, removes rust, treats and paints decks, sides and superstructures
- may clean the inside of ships' fresh water, salt ballast water, oil tanks, and cargo compartments
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram