Applies scientific and mathematical principles to design, prepare and revise maps and charts.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- designs and compiles map manuscripts using digital and graphical source material, including aerial photographs, satellite imagery, survey documents, existing maps and records, reports and statistics
- advises surveyors and other professionals on the data requirements for map production and on the aesthetic, technical and economic considerations of scales, details to be illustrated, place names and reproduction techniques
- supervises and coordinates the work of cartographic associates in the production and reproduction of maps
- may produce digital elevation models
- may specialise in cadastral (land tenure) or topographical mapping, or maps for specific purposes such as town planning, geology and hydrography
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram