7991-11 Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitter
Fits and replaces accessories on motor vehicles using specialised machines and equipment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- removes old or damaged parts and cleans surrounding areas on vehicles
- inspects and repairs muffler mountings, refits new mufflers, extractors and exhaust pipes
- operates air driven equipment to remove and refit tyres and tubes for vehicles, motor cycles and other mobile plant
- repairs punctures in tubes or tubeless tyres
- balances wheels and tyres using static or electronic equipment
- removes damaged glass, trims strips and rubber seals from window frames or mountings on motor vehicles or mobile plant
- positions new windscreens or glass windows on frames and attaches and seals them
- may give advice and sell parts to customers
- may manufacture a variety of standard or special purpose parts
- may supervise other vehicle accessories fitters
Tyre and Tube Fitter
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram