3997-11 Library Technician
Assists librarians to organise and operate systems for handling recorded material and files.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- orders new library materials and maintains library records
- maintains library circulation systems
- catalogues printed and recorded material
- searches and verifies bibliographic data
- enters data into databases and edits computer records
- assists librarians to answer inquiries
- operates audiovisual equipment and performs simple maintenance
- produces display and publicity material
- operates reprographic equipment
- arranges inter-library loans under supervision
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram