7297-13 Stone Processing Machine Operator
Cuts and finishes stone for the manufacture of such items as tiles, building blocks and facing stones using fixed and portable stone preparation, shaping and finishing machines.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- positions stone on machines to be cut or worked
- sets grinding or cutting edges in position and activates machines
- checks progress of machining and adjusts equipment
- moves stone from machine for further processing
- may operate hand-held machines to polish, cut or inscribe roughly hewn stone to finished condition
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram