Operates ultrasound machines and related medical imaging equipment to produce images for medical diagnostic purposes in conjunction with other medical professionals.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- performs medical imaging on patients according to referral from medical practitioners
- calculates details of procedures such as length and intensity of exposure and settings of recording equipment
- explains procedures to patients
- positions patients, and equipment to carry out procedures
- produces medical images using equipment such as ultrasound machines and scanners for use by medical practitioners in the diagnosis of disease or injury
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram