2127-13 Petroleum Engineer
Plans and directs the engineering aspects of locating and extracting petroleum and natural gas from the earth.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- plans and conducts research and provides advice on engineering operations for the exploration, location and extraction of petroleum or natural gas
- determines locations for drilling
- decides on types of derrick and equipment, including seabed platforms
- devises methods of controlling the flow of oil or gas from wells
- compiles logs recording production from flowing wells
- prepares plans of engineering operations and cost estimates
- provides necessary safety procedures and facilities
- consults with geologists, geophysicists and other engineers on the location, design and development of extractive processes
- plans and implements protection and restoration of the environment
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram