6392-11 Veterinary Nurse
Cares for animals under treatment or in temporary residence at veterinary facilities and assists veterinarians to perform procedures and operations.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- holds animals to allow examination or treatment by veterinarians
- cleans and sterilises examination tables and equipment
- prepares instruments and hands them to the veterinarian
- assists veterinarians to administer anaesthetics and oxygen during operations
- places animals in cages for recovery from operations and monitors their condition
- gives medications to animals
- maintains stock control and records
- may perform diagnostic laboratory tests
- may act as receptionist, accept payments and undertake clerical work
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram