Plans and provides systems and services relating to the financial dealings of enterprises and individuals, and advises on associated record-keeping and compliance requirements.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- assists in the formulation of budgetary and accounting policies
- prepares financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and statutory bodies
- conducts financial investigations, undertakes audits, prepares reports, and advises on such matters as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation
- examines operating costs and the income and expenditure of institutions
- provides assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- provides financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- liaises with bankers and brokers to establish funds management arrangements
- may advise on the selection and application of computer-based accounting systems
- may appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram