UNIT GROUP 4981 MARINE CONSTRUCTION TRADESPERSONS
MARINE CONSTRUCTION TRADESPERSONS construct, fit out and repair ships and boats.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- studying plans and specifications and preparing templates or scale plans for fabrication or cutting of hull sections
- marking reference points and lines on drydocks or slipways
- assembling shell of boat or erecting hull sections of ship
- installing masts, frames, decking, fittings, machinery, shafts and safety equipment
- building and installing structures such as cabins, machinery mountings, propeller supports and rudders
- determining repair requirements and procedures