UNIT GROUP 2513 COUNSELLORS
COUNSELLORS assess peoples' needs and provide information and advice on educational, vocational, relationship or social difficulties and issues.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- consulting with clients to develop rehabilitation plans taking account of vocational, social, medical and psychological needs
- assisting clients with employment placement and matters relating to education and training, through negotiation with community agencies, employers, unions, education and training authorities, government representatives and insurance companies
- assessing client needs in relation to treatment for drug abuse
- employing appropriate therapeutic models and interventions as a method of treatment and support for the client
- assisting the understanding and adjustment of attitudes, expectations and behaviour to develop more effective interpersonal relationships
- providing information and resources to assist clients with job-seeking skills
- contributing information, understanding and advice on the learning and behaviour of students, especially those with special needs, and assisting parents and teachers in dealing with these needs
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram