1111-17 Tribunal Member
Hears industrial, administrative and other disputes to assist in resolving differences and to arbitrate on issues.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years relevant experience.
- confers with parties attending the tribunal separately or collectively to obtain their attitudes on contentious issues
- interprets laws in relation to cases in dispute
- acts as a channel of communication between the parties, conducting meetings with them separately
- exercises arbitral powers if resolution is not achieved or seems improbable through conciliation
- chairs meetings to reach solutions to disputes
- prepares settlement memoranda and obtains signatures of parties
- may call compulsory conferences to achieve resolutions
- may hear witnesses called by the parties or by tribunals, and take evidence on oath or affirmation
- may authorise inspections on behalf of tribunals or conduct inspections at which the parties are present
Administrative Appeals Tribunal Member
Conciliation and Arbitration Commissioner
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram