9914-11 Survey Hand
Performs routine tasks to assist surveyors or geologists.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- transports, assembles, dismantles, maintains, lays out and retrieves prospecting and surveying equipment
- clears brush and debris from lines of survey and marks trees or terrain to indicate survey lines
- holds levelling staffs vertically at points indicated by surveyors to determine elevations and calls out or notes survey readings
- measures distances between survey points and marks measured points
- cuts, marks, tags and drives stakes into the ground to indicate grade settings, markers or boundaries
- collects and labels samples
Geological Survey Field Assistant
Seismic Survey Assistant
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram