7129-21 Water and Waste Water Plant Operator
Operates plant and equipment to store, distribute and purify water, and to remove wastes from waste water.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- operates pumps, valves and gates to control the flow of water
- regulates flow through stages of treatment such as filtering, the addition of chemicals and aeration
- monitors flow meters, water pressure and level gauges
- takes samples for analysis
- prepares reports and logs detailing plant operations
- performs routine servicing and cleaning of plant, pipes and channels
- investigates and repairs faults in water supply and storage systems
- operates waste disposal or water purification equipment
Sewage Plant Operator
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram