Uses and develops mathematical principles and techniques to solve problems in science, engineering, management and other fields.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- develops mathematical theory underlying processes in the physical, biological and social sciences
- formulates mathematical models to simulate processes
- applies models to experimental observations and adjusts or recasts the models
- applies mathematical principles and techniques to the solution of problems in research, development, production, distribution and other functional areas
- uses numerical analysis methods to develop algorithms and perform computations
- writes reports and papers
- may develop pure mathematical theories and hypotheses
- may write computer programs
- may direct and supervise computer programming activities
Operations Research Analyst
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram