2537-11 Music Director
Conducts choirs, orchestras, ensembles, opera companies and musical performances.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- auditions and selects musicians and singers
- selects music for performances
- assigns instrumental parts to musicians
- positions musicians and singers to obtain balance of instruments and voices in accordance with musical score
- directs group at rehearsals and performances to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance, rhythm and tempo
- arranges, adapts and orchestrates musical scores
- may perform as well as direct musical performances