UNIT GROUP 6397 TRAVEL AND TOURISM AGENTS
TRAVEL AND TOURISM AGENTS plan and organise travel and accommodation for clients, provide travel and accommodation information to tourists and escort people on tours.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience.
- determining requirements for travel, accommodation and special interests of clients
- suggesting itineraries and confirming travel and accommodation reservations
- answering queries from tourists and offering suggestions on tours, routes and accommodation
- providing literature and arranging tickets for travel and accommodation
- escorting tourists or visitors through pre-set itineraries involving regions, cities, buildings, exhibitions, national parks or other places of interest
- planning and re-arranging schedules and itineraries
- arranging entry to places of interest such as museums, other buildings and nature reserves