9212-11 Product Assembler
Assembles components and sub-assemblies of metal products, electrical and electronic equipment, jewellery and precious metal articles, and joinery products, usually working under close supervision.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- locates, positions and secures components on workbenches
- punches or drills mounting holes in parts or assembled products
- assembles and secures components in sequence
- assembles parts by nailing, screwing, gluing and dowelling, riveting, crimping, soldering or spot welding wire and components
- deburrs and finishes items using files, grinding wheels or emery paper
- fits hardware items such as hinges, catches and knobs
- attaches or fastens jewellery or jewellery parts to fabricate bracelets, necklaces, brooches and earrings
- may manually wind light electrical field coils
Light Coil Winder