UNIT GROUP 9918 ELECTRICAL AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS TRADES ASSISTANTS
ELECTRICAL AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS TRADES ASSISTANTS perform routine tasks in the installation and maintenance of electrical and telecommunications systems, usually working under close supervision.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- transporting, packing, unpacking and setting up tools and equipment
- performing manual tasks such as earthmoving, vegetation trimming and concreting
- erecting barricades and protective coverings at work sites
- laying out wiring, conduits and other installations
- installing and testing less complex devices, such as electrical meters and time clocks and single point telephones and accessories