UNIT GROUP 6391 DENTAL ASSISTANTS
DENTAL ASSISTANTS prepare patients for dental examination and assist dentists in providing care and treatment.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience.
- receiving and preparing patients
- arranging and handing instruments and dental requisites to dentists
- preparing dental materials and processing X-rays
- using suction devices and water sprays
- performing routine maintenance on equipment