UNIT GROUP 4111 GENERAL MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TRADESPERSONS
GENERAL MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TRADESPERSONS machine, fit, assemble and repair metal parts, sub-assemblies and manufactured parts.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- reading and interpreting drawings and specifications
- setting up and adjusting metalworking machines and equipment
- operating machines to produce parts or tools by turning, boring, milling, planing, shaping, slotting, grinding or drilling metal stock or components
- fitting and assembling metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding or brazing parts
- cutting, threading, bending and installing fluid power pipes and lines
- checking accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies