4941-17 Apparel Cutter
Lays out, marks and cuts fabric to form parts of garments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- unrolls and spreads fabric in layers on tables
- arranges patterns on fabric and marks outlines of patterns
- sets and operates cutting machines
- labels and ties bundles of parts
- drills holes through layers of fabric or cuts notches in edges
- operates automatic machines which use computerised patterns
- cuts fabric using laser cutters
- may mark and cut cloth, leather or synthetic fabric into pieces to be used in vehicle trimming or upholstery