UNIT GROUP 2383 OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS assess the function of people whose abilities and daily activities are impaired.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- conducting tests to evaluate and assess emotional, psychological developmental and physical capabilities
- testing and training patients with perceptual motor problems, learning or developmental disabilities
- assessing and training people with disabilities in self-care and daily living activities and providing aids and adaptations to assist performance, independence and productivity
- assessing patients' vocational potential and providing work adjustment training and work experience
- planning and directing programs through the use of vocational, recreational, remedial, social and educational activities, conducted on an individual or group basis
- recording patients' activities, responses and progress