Prepares and bakes buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- weighs and mixes ingredients, and prepares pastry fillings and shapes pastry goods
- kneads, matures, cuts, moulds and shapes pastry dough and operates dough baking and rolling equipment
- controls mixing times and transfers dough to tempering rooms
- glazes buns and pastries, and decorates cakes with cream or icing
- monitors forming machines for crumpets, muffins and wafers
- operates machines which roll and mould dough or cut biscuits
- loads buns, pastries and cakes into ovens, and unloads cooked products
- controls baking times and monitors the temperature and appearance of products
- empties, cleans and greases baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment