Treats internal health problems, metabolic disorders and imbalances, through treatment of the whole person, using natural therapies.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience.
- questions and examines patients to determine the nature of the disorder or illness
- records patients' medical information
- uses treatment applications such as herbal medicine, homeopathic medicine, nutritional supplements or massage therapy to relieve patients' disorders or illnesses
- provides dietary guidelines and prescribes foods and nutritional supplements
- may examine patients' iris to determine state of health