UNIT GROUP 4114 AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEERS
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEERS maintain and repair aircraft structures, and avionic and mechanical systems.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- dismantling, inspecting and reassembling aircraft engines, ancillary motors and engine accessories, electrical systems, or sub-assemblies of aircraft frames
- testing aircraft communication equipment, aircraft instrumentation and electronic systems using electronic testing equipment and specialised test apparatus
- assembling parts and sub-assemblies of aircraft frames
- installing electrical circuits and equipment
- conducting routine pre-flight inspections of engines, aircraft frames and mechanical systems