6314-11 Personal Care Assistant
Assists with the care of patients in a range of health care facilities, or in the client's home.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- assists patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assists patients with mobility and communication needs and ensures that messages are passed on
- applies practical intervention procedures for dementia or behavioural problems
- ensures an adequate supply of clean clothing and linen and that soiled items are removed and cleaned on a daily basis
- accurately records daily activity, observes the condition of patients and reports any changes to supervisor
- may assist with rehabilitation exercises and basic treatment and medications