UNIT GROUP 2212 AUDITORS
AUDITORS design and operate information and reporting systems to meet external financial reporting requirements and examine, verify and report on financial and managerial systems and outcomes to ensure compliance.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- providing independent opinion on the financial performance of an organisation, and the extent to which its obligations are fulfilled
- verifying the accuracy of information contained in accounting records
- verifying the existence of assets and liabilities mentioned in reports
- preparing financial statements and reports for management, shareholders and statutory bodies
- establishing audit objectives, designing and implementing audit methodologies, processes and audit report criteria
- reporting to management on the existence and effectiveness of internal control systems