Designs, draws, makes and paints signs for displays, buildings, hoardings, boats and structures.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- confers with clients or responds to proposals, sketches and written instructions to determine composition of signs
- paints signs and lettering using lacquers, varnishes, paints and other materials
- paints signs on brick, metal, timber, glass, plastic and other surfaces
- makes and erects three dimensional signs
- may erect and work on scaffolding
- may design and create wall murals, screen prints, gold leaf work and custom vehicle art