3399-25 Travel Agency Manager
Organises and controls the operations of a travel agency.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- provides advice on travel options, transport and accommodation costs and travel documentation
- liaises with tour operators and transport providers such as airlines, to develop packages and negotiate prices and tour inclusions
- plans and implements budgets, policies and procedures
- selects, trains and supervises staff
- markets package deals such as tours and group travel
- may arrange and confirm transport, accommodation bookings, travellers cheques, visas and associated documentation