3995-11 Senior Fire Fighter
Supervises and coordinates the activities of Fire Fighters and participates in fire fighting activities.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- supervises and coordinates the activities of Fire Fighters
- responds to fire alarms and emergency calls
- accompanies fire-fighting appliances and other vehicles to scenes of fire or accident
- monitors and leads fire fighting teams at fires and emergencies
- coordinates training drills, joint exercises and inspections of buildings to ensure fire prevention standards are maintained
- visits buildings and potential fire hazards to study access points and locations of hydrants
- writes or supervises the writing of reports on shift activities and specific incidents
- may supervise salvage operations
Fire Risk Assessor
Fire Safety Officer