UNIT GROUP 2541 AIR TRANSPORT PROFESSIONALS
AIR TRANSPORT PROFESSIONALS fly aircraft or perform functions such as air traffic control to ensure the safe and efficient operation of aircraft in flight and on the ground.
The entry requirement for this unit group is commensurate with an AQF Diploma or higher qualification. Relevant experience in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing and submitting flight plans giving consideration to factors such as weather conditions and aircraft performance
- flying aircraft in accordance with established air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
- providing flight information for flight crews and air traffic services staff
- controlling aircraft movements, and directing aircraft taxiing, take-offs and landings by radio
- providing pre-flight briefings and aeronautical information service
- completing cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine that aircraft are acceptable for flight
- monitoring aircraft performance and reporting on mechanical condition
- giving in-flight instruction, supervising solo flights, accompanying students on training flights and demonstrating techniques for controlling aircraft