UNIT GROUP 6193 PERSONNEL CLERKS
PERSONNEL CLERKS maintain personnel records and interview clients to assess their job requirements and suitability for employment.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least one years relevant experience.
- raising records for newly appointed workers and checking them for completeness
- filing records and updating information on leave taken and accumulated, positions worked in, transfers and promotions, salaries, superannuation and taxation, qualifications, training or abilities
- preparing correspondence and answering queries on employment entitlements and conditions
- processing applications for employment or promotions and advising applicants of results
- interviewing job seekers and applicants, and recording relevant information
- evaluating information to determine applicants' suitability for referral to vacancies
- supplying information to applicants about job vacancies, company and union policies, tasks, responsibilities, working conditions, hours and pay, and promotional opportunities
- referring applicants to prospective employers