UNIT GROUP 7296 GLASS PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATORS
GLASS PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATORS operate machines to make molten glass and shape glassware products such as containers, sheet glass, structural or stained glass, glass lenses or prisms.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- setting up and installing moulds and other machine fixtures
- setting up and operating glass-making machines to make molten glass and regulating temperature of molten glass
- pressing or blowing glass into moulds to form glassware products
- removing and replacing glass moulds and components
- collecting samples for laboratory analysis, or inspecting them and adjusting machine settings accordingly