Constructs, erects, installs, renovates and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- studies drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- orders and selects timbers and materials, and prepares layouts
- cuts materials with hand and power tools, and assembles or nails cut and shaped parts
- erects framework, lays sub-flooring and verifies trueness of structures
- assembles ceiling joists and rafters to construct roof framing, or nails pre- fabricated roof trusses into place
- nails fascia panels, sheathes roofs and fits exterior wall cladding to enclose structures
- cuts and nails frames around windows and doors, hangs doors, installs prefabricated units and other structures, and nails floor-boards over sub-floor
- may install door handles, locks, hardware, flooring underlay, suspended ceilings, insulating materials and other fixtures
- may examine and remove parts of existing structures, do minor preparatory work and install building supports
- may erect scaffolding and steel studding
Prop and Scenery Maker